Swan Photos and Information

Category Wildlife
These birds are beautiful in the air and on the water. This guide contains swan photos and information.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Young swans and their mom on a rhyne in Somerset.

By Monique

Swans (Somerset)

Comment Like this photo? 43

Photo Description
I love the beading of the water on this Tundra Swan's back. The swan is a symbol of peace and tranquility, despite the freezing cold weather and recent ice storms.

Photo Location
Toronto, Ontario - January 2014

Comment Like this photo? 9

Photo Description
I took this photo on the River Thames in England while visiting my family. I'd never seen so many together, happily playing about while the sun was going down. In England, the swan is a symbol of loyalty and strength. Swans were given Royal status in the 12th century.

Photo Location
Walton-on-Thames, England.

Comment Like this photo? 6

Photo Description
This photo was taken on a damp grey day after a rain. My boots were stuck in the mud so deep that I was unsure if I would be able to take a step without leaving the boots behind. Every step I took, they took.

Photo Location
Taken in my hay field, in the town of Enderby, British Columbia, in the late fall. The swans have never stayed around as long as they did this year. It was fun trying to get a photo or two without them quacking and moving as far away from me as possible

Comment Like this photo? 8

There is a Lake in Co. Cork, Ireland called Swan Lake. At a certain time of the year, the lovely and graceful white swans migrate in and spend time on the lake. They are beautiful, and often people stop at the side of the road to take in their beauty.

We always go to see the Swans when in Ireland. What a treat for the nature lover to be able to view them in their splendor.

By Bob35 from Santa Barbara, CA

The Swans of Ireland

Comment Like this photo? 5

Photo Description
This was taken at Confederation park.There are gardens and a few sculptures too see.It was a treat too finally see the two swans together.

Comment Like this photo? Yes

On our beautiful Mullet Lake in Indian River, MI, the families in the spring are breath taking. From the swans and the ducks, to the loons and the geese, nature definitely spreads its wings in the early spring months. Unfortunately, only the strong survive!

By MI Sandi

Wildlife: Swans (Mullet Lake, MI)

Answers:

Wildlife: Swans (Mullet Lake, MI)

The ducks in the background make this photo even more special :-) (05/04/2010)

By Deeli

Wildlife: Swans (Mullet Lake, MI)

Getting to see mothers (and papas sometimes) with their little ones in wildlife settings is the best reason of all to love springtime in MI. They are just everywhere you find any type of water. This is a really great example. Thanks to MI Sandi.
(05/04/2010)

By Songwritter

Wildlife: Swans (Mullet Lake, MI)

So tender and sweet, and I love the ducks in the back too! Great shot! (05/05/2010)

By PainterLee