Sweet Tangy Mango Chutney
This is a popular mango chutney from India which is sweet, yet tangy and really yummy!
- 3 mangoes, medium sized under-ripe
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 cardamom pods
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp clove powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- salt to taste
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Cut them into small pieces. Boil the water in a pan and cook over a low heat for 5-6 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the sugar, cardamom pods, grated ginger, clove powder and cinnamon powder. Mix properly and cook over low flame, until the mixture turns thick, for about 15-20 minutes. The slices will become soft and tender.
- When the mixture is thick, add the vinegar to dilute it. Add the salt at this stage. Cook for about 5-6 minutes more.
- Take off burner. Add cumin powder and red chilli powder and mix thoroughly. Spoon in a jar for storage. Your chutney is ready!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!