Chutney Recipes

This is a vibrant, tart and spicy chutney that brightens up any meat or rice dish. I even like to use them with my eggs in the morning. Like most chutneys, this lasts in an airtight container for months. This is a spicy version. If you'd like it a bit tamer, cut down on the Serrano pepper.

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 large jar of chutney

• 8 roma tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 apple cider vinegar
  • 1 carrot
  • 2-3 serrano peppers
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 1 Tbsp grated ginger
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 2 tsp ground corriander
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 2 Tbsp salt

1. Finely chop the tomatoes.
  2. Place tomatoes in a large pot and add the vinegar. Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
  3. Grate the carrots and ginger, chop the peppers. Remove tomato and vinegar mixture from heat.
  4. Add carrots, ginger, peppers and spices to the tomato mixture. Mix thoroughly.
  5. Let cool completely, then transfer to a large jar. You can enjoy it straight away, but I like to let the flavours develop in a dark, cool area for a week.

11 More Solutions

It is a excellent accompaniment for meat, cheese, or anything. It is so easy and tastes great.

This is an easy to make tangy Indian chutney.

jar of chutney

From "A Charlie Brown Christmas" Recipe Series

This is a popular mango chutney from India which is sweet, yet tangy and really yummy!

spoonful of chutney

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

This is the time for cheap apples so let's make chutney.

Pick over and rinse cranberries. Combine cranberries, sugars, raisins, spices, and water. Simmer, uncovered, in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir often until juice is released, about 15 minutes. Reduce heat. Stir in rest of ingredients.

In a small mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sour cream until smooth; beat in chutney and curry until blended. Just before serving, stir in cashews.

Try serving this canned chutney recipe with meat from your inside grill. It's just as good as in the summer!

At a craft fair recently I sampled a pickle (chutney?) called "summer salad" and it was delicious. It looked a lot like salsa, but tasted sweeter and I thought I could detect brown sugar in it, but I'm not sure. I've searched the usual sights, but can't find it. Has anyone heard of it? Thanks.

By glenda eileen lockhart from Nova Scotia

Answers

www.cooks.com/.../0,1666,134177-247194,00.html

Cooks.com as well as other sites have various Peach Chutney recipes.

Answer this Question

I recently had Cherry Chutney served over almond crusted fish at a local restaurant. I am trying to find a recipe for the chutney.

It was quite sweet and favorful. It may have been flavored with a sweet brandy but I am not sure. Anyone have a recipe to share?

Answers

By Mary Ann (Guest Post)

try Tastfully Simple. It is a home based business but they have a website.

Answer this Question

This flavorful fruit based condiment complements many Indian dishes. Chutney can also be used as a sandwich spread and as topping on various meats, either when cooking or later on the side. This is a page about making fresh papaya chutney.

Fresh Papaya Chutney

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes CondimentsNovember 26, 2012
😷
🎃
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chutney-Recipes.html