Sweet Taro Pudding with Coconut Milk
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,298 Posts
October 20, 2020
This is a delicious and easy Vietnamese dessert to make especially if you love taro like I do! It is much more cheaper versus purchasing at the store.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 6 bowls
- 1 cup Glutinous rice
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1.5 lb Taro
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Peel skin of taro and cut into cubes.
- Boil 3 cups of water and put the taro cubes. Boil for 7 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Boil 5 cups of water and add glutinous rice for 15 minutes until rice is fully cooked. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking.
- Now combine taro, sugar, salt. Stir together until dry for about 5 minutes.
- Optional: In a small pot, boil half can 7oz of coconut, 1 tsp cornstarch, 2 tablespoons water, dash of salt until thicken. Pour over sweet taro pudding when serving.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.