Vietnamese Banana and Taro Tapioca Pudding
This is a sweet and creamy Vietnamese pudding dessert. This is a refreshing dessert that is typically served cool but can be served warm if you prefer.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: Varies, about 6-8 rice bowl serving
- 1 large taro
- 4 Tbsp tapioca
- 1 dozen Siamese bananas
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- First cut taro in large chunks. Fill your pot half way with water and dash of salt. Allow taro to cook on medium-high heat until soften. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Peel all bananas and place into a pot to rinse. Using water level to banana and some salt. This process will prevent the bananas from blackening.
- Once throughly washed, slice bananas and drain water.
- Boil tapioca over high heat for 15-20 minutes until soften.
- Taro should be soften now. In that same pot now over medium heat add tapioca, bananas, sugar and salt.
- Finally add coconut cream and stir evenly. Turn off heat. This dessert can be served immediately warm, or traditionally when chilled.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.