Vietnamese Banana and Taro Tapioca Pudding
This is a sweet and creamy Vietnamese pudding dessert. This is a refreshing dessert that is typically served cool but can be served warm if you prefer.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Total Time: 1 hr
Yield: Varies, about 6-8 rice bowl serving
- 1 large taro
- 4 Tbsp tapioca
- 1 dozen Siamese bananas
- 1 14 oz can coconut cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- First cut taro in large chunks. Fill your pot half way with water and dash of salt. Allow taro to cook on medium-high heat until soften. This will take about 20 minutes.
- Peel all bananas and place into a pot to rinse. Using water level to banana and some salt. This process will prevent the bananas from blackening.
- Once throughly washed, slice bananas and drain water.
- Boil tapioca over high heat for 15-20 minutes until soften.
- Taro should be soften now. In that same pot now over medium heat add tapioca, bananas, sugar and salt.
- Finally add coconut cream and stir evenly. Turn off heat. This dessert can be served immediately warm, or traditionally when chilled.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!