Swiffer WetJet Not Working

Where are the batteries located? I just purchased the Swiffer. I never realized that the handle was already extended. I secured solution, pressed the trigger, and nothing happened. Is there anything else aside from lack of batteries? What size battery and how many?

By Rose

The new Swiffer Wetjet batteries are in a different place from the old Swiffer Wetjet. It takes 4 AA batteries. The battery compartment is behind the bottle. Take the bottle out and you'll see a place that says OPEN. place your thumb on this place and slide down. The compartment will open. I replaced my batteries today and it still didn't work for a minute and then all of a sudden when I kept pressing the spray button, it started spraying. Then I checked the old batteries and they were fine. So I guess for some reason sometimes for it to work, you have to take the batteries out and put them back in. And then you have to press the spray button about 20 times. Strange...

Just changed the batteries and the battery cover won't stay closed-only one side-two batteries keep falling out.

Thank you for suggesting hitting the spray button 20 times. I had done everything else but your idea activated the electric motor that forces the liquid. Since there is no actual ON/OFF switch, the motor must be activated by an electrical build up generated by hitting the switch many times.

Why doesn't Procter & Gamble tell the buyer that? They sell a lot more replacement units by keeping this feature a secret!

Four AA batteries.