AdviceHealth & Beauty

Taking Turmeric as a Supplement

How much turmeric is safe to ingest? Are there side effects or adverse possibilities with an excessive intake of turmeric?

I do not believe anyone on here can safely give you advice about taking something like this.

There is a lot of information on the Internet about taking turmeric but you should always use caution and maybe discuss it with your doctor.

Personally, Mamaluce, I'd talk to a Chinese Medical Doctor or certified herbologist. Western medical practioners look down their noses at anything they haven't prescribed. That said, they're both very probably biased.

I take ~1 tablespoon @ week mixed with vegetable juice: it's terrific for combatting heartburn.

My endocrinologist is from India and she told me they use it as an antiseptic as well as eating it every day. I take a 500mg capsule daily and my doctor says it won't interact with any of my other meds, and it is safe for me to take.

I recommend that you ask your doctor if it will interact with any of your meds. If not, the 500mg is a standard dose and is probably safe. I haven't had a gout flare since I started taking it in November. I used to have a flare every month.