Tastefully Simple Recipes

Does anyone know how to make "Onion Onion" from Tastefully Simple at home? I love it and go through it so quickly, it's pretty pricey to keep replacing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

By Julie from IL

Answers:

Tastefully Simple Recipes

I have never used any of these products, but reading the ingredients, they claim to use red peppers and 4 kinds of onion. I would buy red peppers, Spanish onion, yellow onion, Vidalia onion and a silver skin white onion since they are the most readily available, chop them up fairly finely and then dehydrate then in a commercial dehydrator.

I still use the one I bought years ago and I use it to dry tomato slices, a vegetable soup mix, green and red peppers, all sorts of stuff. I package them in recycled glass jars and then they are in my pantry when I am making a braised steak or whatever. Add a few and it is a different dish. Try dehydrating. I am sure you will begin to see the uses for the products you store. (10/23/2009)

By Lady BE