Tea Time - Tissue Box Tea Pot

This is an original recycled tissue box teapot idea with inspiration from online paper craft teapots. It will be used for my future daughter-in-law's tea party, garden-themed bridal shower. The teapot will hold little plastic packets of citrus tea mix for the shower guests to take home.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1 teapot

1. Using two empty tissue boxes (either the same pattern or coordinating patterns), open up flaps on boxes and lay flat.
  2. Cut out pattern pieces and glue onto box as shown in picture, removing the handle and spout of teapot pattern piece first.
  3. Glue the two spout pieces and two handle pieces onto tissue box scraps, adding tabs to both for attaching to teapot later in the process.
  4. Advertisement

5. Using a compass, poke four holes in the base of teapot and add brads, and bend prongs of brads.
  6. Glue spout and handles together except for tab pieces which you need to bend outward. Cut out pieces. You may need to use an X-acto knife for the inside of the handle piece. Cut out sides of teapot and fold according to pattern markings. Attach spout and handles and glue to the correct sides of teapot. You may want to tape the inside of the teapot to hold sides together while gluing each side, following order of pattern pieces.
  7. Advertisement

8. Using a flower punch, punch four flowers from scrap cardboard to cover up advertising decals and glue onto the outside of the teapot. (If you don't have a flower punch, you can cut out circles or use stickers, etc. to cover up logos, UPC codes, etc.) With scraps of leftover cardboard, make a lid, cut a slit in the top, glue two flowers together and insert into slit for the teapot knob.
  9. Put lid on top and enjoy your recycled tissue box teapot!

Nice craft but it would have been better with full size patterns without the shadow of a hand on it.

yes my photography needs improvement. I guess I'm in such a hurry to do the craft, I take the pictures too quickly.

I will work on that for future projects!

Those are full size patterns to fit the tissue boxes. Perhaps I should have measured and written the dimension on the pattern pieces.

It takes practice for sure. I'm always forgetting to get steps.

Your finished projects are so nice. I love this teapot one. :)

This turned out really cute! I love that it reuses a tissue box.

Crafts Recycled Crafts DecorApril 21, 2020
🌻
😷
🎆
🐛
👔
😎

DecorRecycled Crafts