AdviceHome Improvement

Temporary Frame Color Change

I have a large mirror frame which I want to "paint" red for my kitchen. However, I want the red to be removable later to restore the original wood color. What paint can be "washed off"? Or would contact paper, duct tape, felt, fabric, crepe paper Mache, etc. Any ideas, fellow craftspeople, about a temporary covering?

By Avis

Best Answer

Fabric is your best shot. If the frame is flat, you can simply wrap fabric around it.There are tons of ideas, some as temporary as just taping it in the back or tying it in the front. Good luck!

Best Answer

There are no paints other than tempra that wash off, and you do not want to use those. They are chalky, and are the kind kids use in Kindergarten to paint with. If you touch them with wet or damp hands, the paint comes off on your hands. I agree with the previous poster that fabric is your best bet. You do not want to put any adhesive on the front of the frame, though, as anything you use will likely leave a residue.