VeganRecipes

The Best Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies

I call these "The Best" because I have been playing with this cookie recipe for about four years. When I tried them this time around, I was so thrilled to share them with you! I have my ups and my downs inside my test kitchen, and this is way up. You can substitute the peanut butter with other nut butters if you like. In this batch, I made two versions, one with a bit more added oatmeal (just for fun and texture). Play around with this and see what strikes your fancy. These have been such a hit with non-vegan friends!

If you're not aiming to be fully vegan, but want some of the best cookies ever, of course you can just use regular chocolate chips that contain milk. ;)

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 35 minutes

Yield: 24-36 cookies

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
  2. In another bowl, mix together peanut butter, applesauce, and vanilla until smooth.
  3. Stir in the sugars.
  4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, then stir in the oats.
  5. Stir in chocolate chips.
  6. If you'd like one of the batches to have more oats like I did (to please different types of crowds), separate the dough and add more to one. You can also do this with things like nuts or more chocolate! Pop dough in the fridge for about 20 minutes.
  7. Make mounds of the dough on prepared baking sheets. I made two different sized cookies for the two different types. Place in oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden.
  8. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool all the way.
  9. These are incredibly gooey and delightful. I dare you to have just one!

Food and Recipes Recipes VeganSeptember 22, 2019
🌻
🎂
🎃