social

Thread Bunching and Breaking on Sewing Machine?

My thread is bunching up and breaking above the needle. I don't know how to determine thread weight/needle size,etc., or fabric weight.

By Barb H

Advertisement

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Silver Feedback Medal for All Time! 282 Feedbacks
December 7, 20130 found this helpful
Best Answer

You need to consult the chart in the user manual that came with your machine. If you don't have that manual the manufacturer's website usually offers a free download even for vintage machines (older than 10 years).

Most sewing sites also post a table showing which needle, thread, stitch width/length/type and tension settings work best with each type of fabric. The following links may be of help to you (but the user manual is the best source of info for your specific machine):

Advertisement

Great tips on choosing needles:
www.joann.com/.../PA00223.pdf

Excellent primer on both needles and threads:
howtosew.com/.../four-common-machine-needle-and-thread...

The following sites have very easy to read charts/tables for choosing, scroll down to about the middle:
welcome.solutions.brother.com/.../faqh000004_000.html?reg=us&c=us&lang...

www.singerco.com/.../machine-needles

Happy sewing:)

January 1, 20150 found this helpful

So the thread breaking at the needle's eye or above it is do to the thread. Is that correct? I am using the correct size needle for the material and a general purpose thread.

My thread is still bunching at the needle's eye. I've adjusted upper thread tension and the bobbin tension. What is going wrong? Is it still the thread causing this issue?

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Categories
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesDecember 6, 2013
Pages
More
👒
Mother's Day Ideas!
🌻
Gardening
🐰
Easter Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-03-29 00:26:29 in 6 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thread-Bunching-and-Breaking-on-Sewing-Machine.html