social

Thread Won't Stay in the Needle on a Toyota RS2000 Sewing Machine?

I have a Toyota RS2000 sewing machine. I threaded the machine as I usually do, and went to machine up a seam, but the thread kept coming out of the needle when I press the foot to sew. I don't know why. I tried different settings, but it still kept popping out of the eye in the needle! Can you help please?

Advertisement

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
January 27, 20200 found this helpful
Best Answer

Normally you should have a long trail of thread at the back of your needle when you start to sew. If you do and the thread keep coming out you should change your needle and make sure it is installed correctly.

Silver Answer Medal for All Time! 425 Answers
Best Answer

Either hold the tail of the thread till you actually get a couple stitches into the seam, OR pull a longer thread tail out of the upper thread only. My machine does the same thing if I don't do one of those two steps. The upper thread gets pulled backwards--out of the needle--as the upper thread tension takes up the excess thread.

Advertisement

So, pull more out or hold onto a shorter tail. The bobbin thread should be fine without doing anything special. Good luck and happy sewing!!!

Gold Answer Medal for All Time! 617 Answers
Best Answer

This always happens to me when the tension is too tight. It can also break as well.

January 28, 20200 found this helpful
Best Answer

Aside from the answers above, Ive also had this happen when the eye of the needle has a split in it. Replacing with a fresh needle is necessary in this case.

Advertisement

(Sewing over pins will cause this to happen sometimes.) Good luck!

Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 140 Posts

You tension maybe too tight!

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

In This Page
Categories
Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesJanuary 27, 2020
Pages
More
🎂
Birthday Ideas!
💘
Valentine's Ideas!
🍀
St. Patrick's Ideas!
Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Instagram
Categories
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCoronavirusCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.
Desktop Page | View Mobile
Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Generated 2024-02-12 07:39:06 in 2 secs. ⛅️️
© 1997-2024 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Thread-Wont-Stay-in-the-Needle-on-a-Toyota-RS2000-Sewing-Machine.html