KitchenOrganizing

Tidy Cord Saver

contest winner icon
You can purchase command cord bundle strips or make your own cord solution a lot cheaper. I purchased self adhesive hooks (16 @ dollar store). I placed one on the side of my smoothie blender. I took an empty cardboard TP roll and covered it with inexpensive contact paper (also @ dollar store). I punched a hole in the TP holder and put it on the hook attached to my blender. Then I tucked the cord inside.

It doesn't save space, but it keeps the cord in a tidy place of its own. It doesn't have to stay round, you can fold it in half to save some space. This should work on most things - but not on anything that will get hot, as the adhesive on the hook will soften and fall off.

Good idea. I hate those loose cords. I have a suggestion to paint the TP roll the color of the appliance. I'm going to do either or both. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome, Karen. I use this smoothie blender everyday, so I'm happy to have a place to tuck the cord when I'm finished.

Anonymous

My sis is so creative

I am wondering if you could use plastic pipe instead of the TP roll. It would be sturdier and easier to clean.