Tiny Black Biting Mosquitoes with White Stripes

I believe it's an Asian Tiger mosquito but not too sure. Ive been getting bites all over inside my bedroom for the past few days. I'm in SoCal, any help is appreciated, thanks!

I am not really sure if this is an Asian Tiger mosquito but it sure is a mosquito for sure. They are horrible when they do bite and it looks like you might be a little allergic to these bits from the size of the bite on your arm. I would go to the store and get a bottle of mint oil and keep applying this to your skin all the time. It will prevent the bugs from biting you because they hate the smell of the oil and they don't land on you. You might need to go to a doctor and get some medication for this. My grandson is very allergic to these types of bites and he swells up something bad. I normally have to get him some allergy medication when he is here and keep him bathed down in mint oil so they don't bite him. I normally apply it to his skin around 4 times a day and especially at night when he sleeps. This keeps them off of him and stops them from biting him.

Yes this sure looks like a tiger mosquito. You should eliminate any and all sources of standing water -- indoors and outdoors (tarps, ponds, pots, downspouts, clogged gutter, dog bowls, birdbaths, hot tub, open boat, watering cans, toys, plant dishes, discarded tires etc.) Also mow the grass and remove all yard debris. Good luck!

Hello sorry for your troubles!! Insects can be very pesky and resilient:( but I have put together a few things about it so that maybe I can help!

WHAT TO DO:

* Camphor. Camphor is a natural home remedy that will assist in getting rid of mosquitoes around your house or apartment.

*Use citronella torches or candles to keep bugs away from small areas outside, such as a porch or deck. Fans can blow winds strong enough to disperse mosquitoes outdoors. Electrocuters, or mosquito zappers, use heat and carbon dioxide to attract and kill mosquitoes.(the reason for the outdoor tips as well is because if you limit the outside population then they will most likely recognize your house as a unpreffered climate and move on somewhere else)

*Remove any water-filled containers like old tires, food containers and buckets from your yard. Keep mosquitoes from breeding in bird baths, pet water dishes and plastic wading pools by emptying them at least once a week.

*Clothing: Loose-fitting garments will minimize skin exposure and feeding sites

HOW TO RECOGNIZE:

* First off I'd like to share a link to a picture of what on looks like: images.app.goo.gl/Ly8dUWVPnwqYvRJm6

*Asian tiger mosquitoes are black with silvery white markings. The best way to identify this species is by the single median silver-white stripe from its head down the center of its back, as well as its striped black and white legs.

WHAT TO DO WITH BITES:

*Apply an anti-itch lotion
*Use a cool or warm compress to the affected area for short periods at a time,
*Put some toothpaste (with menthol) over the bite.

Well I hope this was useful best of wishes with it!!

These are sooooo not fun !This is Aedes Albopictus- or called Tiger or Forest Mosquito. Itchy biting( pest ) insect. Has black with white stipes. - hoofia.com/.../ - a little more history- en.wikipedia.org/.../mosquito - So you guessed it!

Home and Garden Pest Control MosquitoesNovember 4, 2020
😷
🎄
🍂
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Tiny-Black-Biting-Mosquitoes-with-White-Stripes.html