Tofu Chocolate Mousse
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
This will be one of the easiest chocolate mousses you will ever make. It only contains silken tofu, dark chocolate, and maple syrup, making it vegan and gluten free.
I love the addition of a sprinkle of salt to mine because it really brings out the flavour of the dark chocolate. It is optional, but I highly suggest it!
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 3 ounces dark chocolate
- 10 ounces silken tofu
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- dash of salt (optional)
- Place chocolate in a microwaveable bowl and heat on high at 30 second increments, stirring each time, until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place silken tofu and maple syrup in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth.
- Scrape down the sides once and pulse again until creamy.
- Pour in the melted chocolate and puree until combined.
- Pause to add a dash of salt, then scrape down the sides and puree some more. Stop one more time to scrape again, then puree again until it's no longer marbled in colour. Any leftovers will keep well in the fridge for a few days.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.