BathroomHome

Toilet Won't Drain

Category Bathroom

About 2 months ago I had to replace all the mechanical parts in my toilet tank. About a week ago my toilet seemed plugged up, so I did the usual plunging and snaking to no avail. So today a friend and I pulled the toilet off and sent an industrial auger down the drain hole and pulled up the worst viney root I've ever seen. We didn't get anything else out so we ran a hose into the drain for about 5-10 minutes and the water level never rose so of course we assumed the problem was fixed. We put the new wax seal down and placed the toilet back and hooked everything up, but again the toilet didn't drain.

We used CLR in the overflow and wired out the jets and still no drain. We removed the toilet again and took it outside and ran water through it and flushed and it didn't work until I poured water into the overflow tube. So we figured water pressure had to be the problem, but when we placed the toilet back into its spot in the bathroom and hooked everything back up and poured water down the tube again it wouldn't drain. So I just replaced everything in the tank again, but it's still not working. Can a toilet just go bad for no reason? Do I have to buy a new toilet itself?

By Curt from Sedalia, MO