AdviceHealth & Beauty

Tongue Swollen After Piercing

I had my tongue done on the 20th of August and under my tongue bar it is still swollen and raised up a bit. I have got a picture and am still wondering if you could help me. I have done all the things that I was told to do.

Infections happen, despite our best efforts. Remove the tongue bar and let it heal. See a doctor for antibiotics

You probably have an infection under the bar so do as Judy suggested; remove the tongue bar and see a doctor as you do not want to fool around with an infection in your mouth.

You might try rinsing with salt and warm/hot water (hold in mouth a few minutes) until you can see a doctor.

It looks all right know the lump is going down the person that did it said it is not infection it is just that my tongue is thick so it will take longer to hear

If you don't see a difference in a day or so, I suggest talking to your doctor. Mouth infections are nothing to mess with and can go from mild to really bad really fast. Unless the person who pierced you is a doctor, your doctor needs to check you out. Better safe than sorry!!l

Gargle with Biotene. Most piercers will tell you to do this the day you get the tongue bar.. get it asap.

Please take it out and see a doctor right away, looks quite infected !!