AdviceHealth & Beauty

Tongue Piercing

I got my tongue pierced a week ago and on the top right at the front by the piercing there is like a piece of extra skin. it looks like a piece of food. It is hard to explain. Is that normal or should I do something about it?

It looks like pus to me. If it also hurts, you have an infection. I would take it out and see a doctor.

If you have any concerns, talk to a doctor or his/her nurse ASAP!!!

Infections in your mouth can get bad very quickly so better safe than sorry. Please let me know what they tell you! Sending up healing wishes!

It looks like an infection to me , I would advise to take the pierced item out and see if it heals on its own, if not then do see a doctor right away.

jsut because of where it is it's best to get it checked out but I could see how it could be just a piece of extra skin

does it hurt at all? Do you have a fever or feel otherwise unwell at all? These are all things to monitor very carefully

I had the same when I had one back in the day. It was indeed infected. I went back to the lady at the piercing shop and she gave me a bottle of safe disinfecting solution and had me suck on ice chips for a week.

I'd go back and have a chat ASAP.

I'd go back to the place you got your tongue pierced and ask them to take a look at it.

They should also give you a care guide. Or you can find a care guide online,

Example: www.thecrystalball.co.nz/.../Tongue+Piercing+FAQ.html