General AdviceLegal

Transferring a POA

My mother currently has a POA for my brother who is incompetent. She can no longer handle the stress. How does she give me the POA for my brother so I can have legal rights to his medical records and information concerning him? Also, he is in a correctional facility in Florida. They will only give his health information to my mom as she holds the POA.


Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

February 7, 20160 found this helpful

Suggest you consult with an attorney who specializes in POAs and elder care. You need the best information to decide the best legal decisions regarding a POA.

Reply Was this helpful? Yes
February 9, 20160 found this helpful

I have a brother who is mentally challenged. My sister went to an attorney and asked him to fill out papers for her to become his guardian. She had to get the approval of all his siblings. I am sure your mother would approve if you wanted to do this.
Harlean from Arkansas

Reply Was this helpful? Yes

Add your voice! Click below to answer. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!

Business and Legal Legal General AdviceFebruary 7, 2016
Halloween Ideas!
Ask a Question
Share a Post
Better LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness and LegalComputersConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood and RecipesHealth & BeautyHolidays and PartiesHome and GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsPhotosTravel and RecreationWeddings
Published by ThriftyFun.

Desktop Page | View Mobile

Disclaimer | Privacy Policy | Contact Us

© 1997-2019 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Generated 2019/10/09 13:56:29 in 1 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️
Loading Something Awesome!