General AdviceLegal

Transferring a POA

My mother currently has a POA for my brother who is incompetent. She can no longer handle the stress. How does she give me the POA for my brother so I can have legal rights to his medical records and information concerning him? Also, he is in a correctional facility in Florida. They will only give his health information to my mom as she holds the POA.

Suggest you consult with an attorney who specializes in POAs and elder care. You need the best information to decide the best legal decisions regarding a POA.

I have a brother who is mentally challenged. My sister went to an attorney and asked him to fill out papers for her to become his guardian. She had to get the approval of all his siblings. I am sure your mother would approve if you wanted to do this.
Harlean from Arkansas