CatsPets

Treating a Kitten with Crusty Eyes

A stray has had kittens in my back yard and their eyes are looking rough. They are crusted shut. I've tried warm water and a cloth and it's worked on a couple of them. I try to keep the area where they sleep clean, but it's not easy. I can't keep them, but I can't throw them away either. Is this problem contagious as I have inside cats as well. Please help. Thank you.

If one of my kittens have an eye Infection, can it effect my other kitten in my home

I had the same problem and I just pulled of the crusty areas then try to pinch or squeeze the green puss out of its eyes I don't know if the infection is internal at all but jus try to clean up its eyes first for a couple days and see how that goes maybe if its internal u can get some antibiotics or something maybe

Anonymous

DON'T EVER squeeze or pinch ANY animal's eyes!!! Would you squeeze or pinch your BABIES eyes?!?!? DON'T EVER DO THAT

hi I caught a 3 month stray kitten who is not approx. 2 years old she has had 2 litters of kittens and our other cats have also had kittens. for all our kittens we found this to be normal. if u can get red seal green tea this will work. put the tea bag in warm water from the kettle and wipe their eyes at least 2 times a day, I also gave my kittens a bath once a week and changed their bedding after I cleaned their eyes, a cut up sheet will do as their mother will keep them warm, once they are 7 weeks old and their eyes are fine give them away for free, we do and they seem to go in a day. with my kittens (2 weeks old) I found it could be a build up of sleep on their eyes with when they are older they wipe it them selves. with the tea it doesn't matter if it gets into their eyes cause it doesn't hurt them , just don't add milk or sugar. If this doesn't work then try warm water and normal salt and this will also help

hope this helps.