Treating a Kitten with Eye Discharge

Last night I adopted a kitten from a feral cat's litter. He looks about 4 weeks old and the people who have been feeding them say he has always had a discharge in his eyes that they wipe away each day. They thought it was allergies, but I recognize it as an infection. Is Bacitracin 500u okay to use on a kitten with white eye discharge?

By k

Best Answer

I have just done the same thing. I called the Vet and picked up antibiotic eye drops. You put them on twice a day. Very simple to heal.

If you think that will work, I would use it. But I would definitely take it to the vet ASAP. You don't want the poor thing to suffer. Also, coming from a feral cat, I would recommend getting it checked out anyways.

I had a cat with an eye infection once. I treated it with Bacitracin ointment and it seemed to go away. yet the cat died a week or so later. I think the infection went further into his head. I was so sad I did not take it to the vet. Please have it checked by a doctor.

Hello,
Please see a Veterinarian ASAP. A kitten with an eye infection can have other things going on.

Please do not ever give she/he any medication unless you talk to a Veterinarian.