Treatment for Fleas and Lice in Human Hair

What are the products I can use for fleas and for lice in human hair?

By Dianna D

Best Answer

Whomever has the lice or fleas needs to color their hair using a matching color permanent hair coloring. It works a lot better than the nit killing products.

I was wondering as I bleach my hair - If I do it sooner than I need to (like tomorrow) would the bleach kill them off....

No, it does not work. I tried it. Since the bleach is on the strands of hair, and the fleas are on the scalp, they can just hop to another spot. I have tried tea tree oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, rosemary in my hair and body. They keep coming back.

I went on a vacation to Florida and I took them with me, and they came home with me. I have used swimming pools with chlorine and it does not work. I am taking a lot of garlic and cayenne pepper but still fleas will not leave me. My cats do not have them anymore, but I am left with them.

My cat has been with me for 16 months.I always used front line every month but in August was a week late and noticed he had fleas I used one pipette and the fleas crawled up to his head and around his neck.I took him to the vet and he gave him an injection of advance which should last six months.Five days later I removed 10 live fleas from his body with a flea comb .I returned to the vet and he said that the injection was to make the fleas infertile not kill them.I had asked for a percription of advantage .He left a pack of 3 pipettes again of advance which I purchased for £38.l had already paid £66 for six month advance injection .When I put the pipette on my cat and combed him the fleas disappeared.In the mean time I have Flea bites .They are in my mattress blankets ,carpets closets everywhere.I have used 2 large cans of acclaim,2 large cans of Bob Martin and 2 sprays of Bob Martin for clothes .I also used 4 fog smoke bombs.All in a one bedroom flat.I vacuum and spray daily.I went away for the weekend and came back to the same situation.I put a heater in my airing cupboard and roasted my clothes and bedding as I was told 60 degrees heat kills them.I washed white cottons at 80 degrees ..I have decided to get rid if my matress and get the house fumigated by professionals.It has been the most harrowing experience of my life.

Anonymous
Best Answer

Hair colour works great, if it's a child, wash their hair with dawn and a few drops of tea tree oil, put on a shower cap before you rinse, apply a good conditioner, wait two minutes, rinse, then comb through with a flea comb to make sure you didn't miss any eggs

Anonymous

Hair color as in dye? Does it really?

For lice, use mayonnaise.