CarsRepair

Troubleshooting Dodge Caravan Air Conditioner Problems

I have a 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan and all the dash lights go on and off, but the battery lights stay on until I turn the van off. When the lights go on my air stops working, then when the light turns off the air goes back on. I took it to the shop and they checked the alternator and battery and told me they're working fine. What could be the problem?

Thank you for your help.

There is a helpful troubleshooting guide on repair pal: repairpal.com/.../ac-not-working

Having just had a variety of air conditioning issues in my hubby's car, I suggest taking it to another mechanic...I don't know if you had it to a dealer first or just your regular mechanic.

If this was the dealer and they didn't have a good answer, try another dealer. Air conditioning problems in my world only seem to get solved when the car goes to a reputable dealer.

My mechanic is awesome for everything else, but air issues...not so much.

One of the issues could be the wires to the alternator are corroded or damaged...that is usually overlooked because an alternator is a higher price fix...but a good dealer will catch that first...

Good luck!

It kinda sounds like you have a short in some of your wiring.

Try taking it to your local Auto Zone, Advance Auto or one of your other car parts stores and ask them to run a free diagnostic test to see if they can locate your problem.
Sometimes these free tests can save a lot of money.

You should call ahead and make sure that particular store has the equipment to do these tests.