Troubleshooting Windows XP?

Alot of time can be wasted trying to determine why your computer isn't working properly. This page is about troubleshooting Windows XP.

I have a Dell Dimension computer E310 with Windows XP Media center. After I turn on the computer, the monitor shows on the top right corner F2 (setup) and F12 (boot). If you want to get Bios F2 has to be pressed on the keyboard to get into Bios setup. It is the same with F12 if you want to boot your computer with D drive or diskettes.

I removed the F2 and F12 from Bios because my kids were fooling around with the Bios setup. Dell will not give me support because my computer is not under warranty anymore. Normally, anyone can get Bios setup by pressing "Delete" but with Dell I cannot make do it and so it needs to be re-stalled in Bios.

Luis

Answers

Luis,
I found this article that reports to fix a similar is to your issue -
www.detoxcomic.com/.../upgrade-dell-5100-bios.html

The download page for your pc is -
support.dell.com/.../driverslist.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen...[/downloads/driverslist.aspx]false

The second link that is in the article ior your pc is search.dell.com/results.aspx?s=gen&c=us&l=en&cs=&k... but I am not sure if it is required.

If you do not like the iso burner that is mentioned in the article you can find other tools here - www.snapfiles.com/.../fwcdburn_r.html

I hope that this helps.
Good luck,

Bob

Computers TroubleshootingJune 20, 2013
🐛
📓
😷
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Troubleshooting-Windows-XP.html