ElectricalHome

Troubleshooting an Electrical Circuit

So the lights at my mom's house turn off if the dryer isn't on. I checked the breakers and everything seems normal. I'm wondering what could be the problem?

Electricity is something I go right to the experts for. I have seen too many DIY/crowd sourced answers cause things that can be downright dangerous! I know it costs to get someone in, but SAFETY FIRST with all things electrical!! Please post back how it goes. If you don't have a good electrician, it is always best to get referrals from friends or family who have used the person. Good luck!!

I read about this. For some reason if the dryer is on it completes the half of the 220 circuit. One of the leads to your home may be broken or it may be in your home. Whatever the cause, it needs to be fixed by a qualified electrician.