Tuna-Filled Pancakes

Turn an ordinary can of light meat tuna into a yummy lunch! Bake pancakes, fill them with a tuna mix and voila! As an alternative, the pancakes can also be served with ice cream and maple syrup, or with cinnamon and sugar.

Total Time: 20 minutes

Yield: 6 filled pancakes

1. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt and egg together.
  2. Add the milk and use a hand whisk to mix to a smooth batter.
  3. Brush a non stick frying pan with a diameter of 6.4" with butter and heat the pan over medium heat.
  4. Ad

5. Cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer of batter. Allow to fry until bubbly and golden brown on one side, before turning over and frying on the other side.
  6. Drain the tuna. Then, add the lettuce, tomato, shallot, parsley, spices, mustard and mayonnaise to the tuna. Use a spoon to mix well together.
  7. Add tuna mix to the middle of each pancake.
  8. Roll the pancake up around the filling.

I know tuna is good for you, but I really don't care for the taste. I think I'll try your recipe for the filling whether I put it in pancakes or not. I do like salmon. I might try the recipe with that, too.

Did you use gluten free flour for health reasons or does it just make a better pancake?

Thanks!

Hi likekinds!

Unfortunately, I have to use gluten free flour for health reasons. I am gluten intolerant. I do cheat some times, but I try and follow the gluten free diet most of the time. I am quite fond of tuna, so I hope you enjoy the filling! :-)

Food and Recipes Recipes Sandwiches WrapsAugust 5, 2016
🌻
📓
🐛