UtilitiesBudget & Finance

Turn Data Off When Using Wi-Fi to Avoid Overcharges

Our family plan is unlimited talk, text and shared 10GB of data among four phone lines. I remind everyone on the plan to turn off cellular data when they're using WI-FI (free internet) so we know for sure we are not using cellular data and that will prevent from overcharges on our bill.

If you have an Apple iPhone, go to: Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data. When it is green, that means you have cellular data on. When it does not show green, that means you are turning off cellular data and using WI-FI.

One time I was using WI-FI at home, and the the WI-FI was experiencing problems so automatically I was being switched from WI-FI TO LTE (Data) without knowing! Luckily, I did not go over the data plan or else it would be a hefty charge!

I do the same. I don't want to pay for any extra data. I use my home internet and when at my girlfriends place I use hers. I may turn the data on, if I need to, when away from our internets, but turn it right off again after I use it.

That is great! I used to not turn off my data but when I noticed my home internet wasn't working properly and it kept switching between WI-FI and LTE, I did not want to see a crazy over charge so this is the best secure way :)

How do you turn it off if you have AOS?

I am not sure what AOS is. I am sorry. But it is good to do research if you can. :)