Keeping Emergency Information Handy

I like to share a health related tip with everyone. It has come in very useful in a numbers of cases and my doctor thinks I'm brilliant for coming up with it. Type or write your name, your medications and dosage, along with any allergies you have on one side of a business card or similar sized card. On the other side, list your doctor and contact information in addition to your In Case of Emergency (ICE) contact information. Laminate the card and keep in your wallet.

This is useful if I have to go to a walk-in clinic and they need to know my medications. It also proved helpful when my partner had to go to emergency and they needed to know his medications. He wasn't able to tell them but since I had his wallet I was able to retrieve the card for the medics. I hope others find this tip as useful as I (and the ones I've done cards for) do.

By sooz from Toronto, ON

3 More Solutions

My family knows if I am ever in need of medical help and can't speak for myself to get the orange envelope out of my purse. Orange is my favorite color and easily found in my purse.

Keep a list of surgeries and the current medications (even aspirin) and put this list in your wallet.

I have in my purse a large (#10) envelope, orange, my favorite color. In this envelope, I keep my medical/insurance cards for when I go to the doctor.

Health & Beauty AdviceDecember 18, 2012
👒
🐰
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Keeping-Emergency-Information-Handy.html