Two Tone Marshmallow Cheesecake
I had a lot of marshmallows to use up (bought them for 5 cents a bag at Big Lots) and I came across this marshmallow cheesecake recipe. I tweaked it a bit and decided to double the recipe, color and flavor the filling, making it a two-layer cheesecake.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- 40 graham crackers, crushed in blender
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 80 marshmallows
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- food coloring*
- 20 oz. whipped topping
*I used pink color with strawberry and green with lime.
- Make a graham cracker crust by crushing the graham crackers in a blender. Pour into bowl and add butter and sugar. Mix well. Press into greased spring form pan. Bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, start the first layer of cheesecake. Beat two packages of cream cheese in a mixer. On the stove top, melt 40 marshmallows with 3/4 cup milk and stir until thoroughly melted. Add to cream cheese and mix thoroughly. Cool. Fold in 10 oz. whipped topping.
- Add food coloring and flavoring to taste.
- Pour into graham cracker crust and let set for an hour. Meanwhile, make second layer following the same directions with the exception of choosing a different food coloring and flavoring. Add that layer on top of the first layer and let set. I decorated my cheesecake with frosted animal cookies, sprinkles, and Reddi-Whip whipped topping.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!