Urgent Dental Care Without Insurance

I need urgent dental care. I have no insurance, no income, am disabled, and deaf, but can't get Social Security. Where do I go?

By Justine B

Best Answer

SSI and SSD take up to 3 years so if you have not signed up, please do, but don't wait for help. Ask your local hospital if they have emergency services as they can often tell you where to search if they can't help. Poor dental health can reach critical mass if you let it affect your heart and other systems. Sad to say it can affect almost every system we have so please, if you have to get on or ask someone to get you on FB and make a plea for donations. We bailed out every bank in 2009 why can't we help each other?

Anonymous

Just a tip dealing with SSI & SSD... once you file and you are turned down and you will be, file an immediate "Appeal" do not reapply. APPEAL. Then search for an attorney that does nothing but these cases. If SSI or SSD want you to see more then 1 of their Dr's let your attorney deal with them. Get yourself under the care of one physician to have ALL other Dr visits, tests or results sent to. I was fortunate to be under the care of a terrific GP when I applied.

Go to Family Services in your state. They will know what to do or where to go.

If you are deaf and disabled, I see no reason why you can't get SSI. Here is a website where they have a forum to talk about it.

http://www.alld  eive-ss-ssi.html

Try a local medical school that teaches dental. Sometimes the students need practice on real patients, plus they are supervised. If you are unsure, check with a local hospital. Where I used to live, it was located there.

You may be able to qualify for SSI and or medicaid. look into both and good luck.

Good luck. This is America. No one talks about dental in this country