Use Razor Blade for Water Spots on Windows

I water my lawn with very hard water in a very windy area. There is almost no way to keep the water off my windows every time I water. In the past, I had used ammonia to wash the windows and vinegar to get rid of the hard water stains.

Then last year I broke my arm and missed a whole year of washing windows. This spring the hard water stains seemed to have become part of the glass. Then I thought about the way I clean my cooktop.

I first washed the windows with ammonia/water solution, then wiped vinegar on a section of the window. I then scraped the glass in that section with a single-edged razor blade. The stains were removed with very little effort.