Use Spice Rack for Coffee Pods

My friend got a spice rack from a friend but she is not crazy about the sleek lines. I agree I love old spice racks. We both love Keurig coffee pods so I told her how these would fit.

It occurred to me that the pod racks are pretty spendy but you can find empty spice racks at thrift stores everywhere. Why not combine the two and have the perfect place to store your perfect coffee. Just remember that the top is 1 and 6/8 inches wide so anything with a hole 2 inches would be too big.

N-JOY!

Source: Nope. Just an idea that had to be shared.

I find it truly ironic that you post this "thrifty" tip on how to store the most expensive way to make coffee that I have seen yet. If you are poor, but proud, how can you afford to buy these wasteful little pods? If you want to be thrifty, buy your coffee in bulk and spoon it into your old fashioned drip pot.

Thanks Marcie for being my first haughty feedback. Did I not say this is my friends spice rack and pods? I live on SSD but she does not. If you had bothered to see any of my other 438+ posts and 2,038 feedbacks, you would not doubt my poor but proud lifestyle.

I won't report you because then no one would see what you said. I have a really nice following that I have built since 2008 when I started, and have won over 20 contests with winnings in the 1000.00 and more category.

So, thank you for showing what a positive and friendly poster you are. That...by the way...was sarcasm.

Proud to be Poor But Proud who doesn't buy the pods.

I can understand some of the "thinking" behind this posters feedback but this was clearly stated and seems to be a very good suggestion for those of us who DO use this type of coffee maker.
One of my sons gave me one of these coffee makers several holidays ago because he knew that I do not drink a lot of coffee but do not like instant coffee. This has been a money saver for my daughter and I as we usually get 2 to 3 cups out of each "pod".

Of course, this makes weaker coffee but that is our choice.

Also, I received the pods for using your own coffee so now I can have any type I want for just a few cents a cup.
I believe the pods work out to about 17-18 cents each (or less) and so our coffee is costing us less than 9 cents a cup.
I do not feel that is extravagant but then I live on my budget so that may not appeal to everyone.

In addition, since I am 81 years old and really do not "need" anything, this gives my children (and grandchildren) a wide variety of things to purchase (at minimal cost) as a gift for special "days".

Thank you for all your suggestions Sandi and I hope you win this month's contest.

Oh, so now we have to prove how poor we are? Do I have to post my bank account statement?

Thanks ladies for the positive support. When I am not around the pods, I buy coffee singles. They are coffee that brews like tea in a bag with a string. They come out to be about 19 cents per cup. But I also have my own dollar tree pod that I do fill with regular old Winco coffee. And it can be used with tea, too.

Your numbers proves that even though the pods may seem pricey, the cost per cup is astoundingly low. Compared to a cup of joe in any restaurant in town, you can get 28 cups at home. Plus you don't have to nuke old coffee all day. Each cup is fresh.

I once posted on how you can save money rather than make more if your budget doesn't stretch far enough. That 3.50 mocha each morning might not seem like a lot, but if you work an average of 22 days per month, that is 924.00 a year. Seems like a mortgage payment, rent for a couple of months, braces, savings you name it.

So I will stand by my post and thank you for the support.

Still Poor But Proud drinking my .09 coffee pod coffee...