Use Your Bread Machine as a Rice Cooker

Category Kitchen Tools
This kitchen appliance can also work for cooking rice and other foods. This is a page about use your bread machine as a rice cooker.

It's not thrifty or FUN to have to throw away pot after pot of scorched, gummy, or undercooked rice. But that's just what I was doing time after time trying to get a decent pot of rice cooked. Good rice eluded me! I never cooked a pot of perfect rice on the stove, never, not once. But I did discover something that has worked for me and maybe it can work for you too.

My bread machine that I use almost everyday has a bake only feature that lasts one hour. One day I wondered if I could utilize that setting to steam rice, kind of like those expensive rice machines. I put one cup of rice and two cups of water in the bread pan, fashioned a lid from heavy duty aluminum foil, tucking it around the edges of the pan, and set the machine to the bake setting. It worked! I had made perfect rice for the first time in my life! Was I happy!

Now I have discovered that 2 cups of rice and 4 cups of water is optimum for my machine size and I have rice leftover for another recipe. And if I'm careful, I can reuse the foil lid for batch after batch of rice. I let it dry and fold it up and put it in a drawer. I've even diced cooked chicken, and raw celery, onions and carrots and cooked it all in chicken broth the same way. I love my new 'rice cooker.'

Source: My own rice cooking desperation!

Food and Recipes Food Tips Kitchen ToolsMay 28, 2014
😷
📓
😎
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Use-Your-Bread-Machine-as-a-Rice-Cooker-1.html