Uses for 50 Gallon Plastic Barrels

Category Green Living
Besides storage, you can cut a barrel in half in either direction to use for a planter, tub or a variety of things. This is a guide about uses for 50 gallon plastic barrels.

What are some uses for 50 gallon blue plastic barrels?

Answers

Best Answer

We use them here on the farm in the arena for barrel patterns and for rain barrels. I also have one with sand in the bottom that I pour old used oil in and keep shoves, pitchforks and hoes in. Keeps them from rusting.

Best Answer

I really like these for garden use but you need to be able (or have someone) to cut these in half either horizontally or vertically. My son cuts mine - usually horizontally - and puts drainage holes so I can use them (on a stand) for cuttings. I also have a full one on a stand to catch rain (from the roof) but my son put a water faucet on the bottom for easy drainage.

Best Answer

Saw them in half and spray paint them any color you desire. Drill holes in the bottom of the half that has a bottom in it. Fill with rich dirt and plant flowers or vegetables.

For me I'd use it to store rain water, but there are so many cool things you can make!

Reference:

homestead-and-survival.com/.../
www.homemadehomeideas.com/.../