Uses for Berry Baskets

I have always hated after opening the cellophane package of cheese slices that they spread out in the fridge. I found the ideal holder for these slices just today! Having bought a flat of strawberries at a farm, I kept the plastic baskets that they were in. I have them in various places around my kitchen. I remembered having the baskets when I was cleaning out the fridge and popped the slices into one of the baskets. Viola! It fits neatly in the cold cut drawer in the fridge and I am one happy cook!

FYI - These baskets also make great organizers for Kool-Aid and hot chocolate envelopes. I also have a couple in my "catchall" kitchen drawer which are holding my tiny bag clips and another one to corral the "corn on the cob" tips. Surely beats looking through the entire drawer for these things.

By GeorgiaBulldogsFan from Jesup, GA

More Solutions

A great way to recycle plastic berry baskets is to transform them into festive containers for treats. Look for the baskets in a variety of bright colors at supermarkets. Fill with dad's favorite treats for a "sweet" Father's Day gift.

Berry Basket Gift Basket

For a unique Father's Day gift, use the bottom of a berry basket to create a one-of-a-kind frame for dad on his special day.

Berry Basket Frame

5 Questions

DH and I buy a lot of berries in those little basket thingies with holes in them. Does anyone have an idea about what to do with them when they are empty? Thanks.

By Marty Dick from Houston, TX

Answers

Best Answer

When my children were younger I used them to make Easter Baskets for the kids at school. Using construction paper to make the handles. Just staple them into the basket. Or use ribbon which is more sturdy also just stapled. Put in a little bit of Easter grass or shredded colored paper towels. Then put a few Easter candies in the basket. You have a nice inexpensive treat for the children in school or Sunday school or day care.

Best Answer

I use them as mini-colanders for anything small that needs to drain: baby bottle nipples, small caps, bits of wool or yarn I've dyed, etc.

Answer this Question

Does anyone have any ideas what to do with those plastic containers that strawberries come in? - Gardener50

Better Living Green Living ReusingNovember 27, 2012
🐰
🌻
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Uses-for-Berry-Baskets.html