Uses for Bubble Wrap

Category Reusing
Bubble wrap is used to protect the contents of many packages shipped to our homes. Don't throw it away; it can be reused. This is a guide about uses for bubble wrap.

While looking for something to go into the bottom of vases to hold flowers for my daughter's wedding and keep the costs down, I ran across some bubble wrap laying around that was shaped like ice cubes. I cut two piece about 4 inches wide and 6 inches long. I laid each piece in the bottom of the vase and up the sides on either side of the vase. When I added the flowers to the vase, it looked so very much like the vase held ice cubes and was very attractive. I got loads of compliments on the flower arrangements.

Although not a great picture, you can at least get an idea of what I am saying.

By gem from Gordonsville, VA

I love long hot baths, but even though I have an older and roomier bathtub the valve around the faucet still drains off the water and lowers the water level. I have found that I can stop up that drain by stopping it with squares of bubble wrap. I push them into the holes on either side and there is some left over, so they are quite easily taken out so now I can enjoy a nice FULL bath at home.

By pam munro from L.A., CA

I use bubble wrap as the liner in my veggie drawers in the refrigerator. Veggies keep better and when they get soiled just toss and replace. This lets air circulate better too.

Save that bubble wrap you get in packages! It's pricey if you have to buy it and it really does come in handy for all sorts of packing things to mail, and packing up little delicate objects. I use it to pack away my sensitive pickup for my autoharp when I am not using it, so it doesn't get knocked. You also can use squares of it to temporarily stop up the drainage holes in your bathtub to have a fuller bath!

By pam munro

I run this as an activity at playgroup: bubble wrap tentacles of a giant squid. Great for kids age 2 - 8 yrs. Just add bubble wrap, acrylic paint, paper and kids.

I use to garden in Coquille, OR. The weather really fluctuates. I grew veggies and herbs in those big black containers. I wrapped the outside of containers in bubble wrap-sealed with a glue gun.

It maintained a more even temperature for the plants.

Older windows might need to be insulated to save energy. Rather than purchase expensive insulation kits try using bubble wrap. This is a guide about insulate windows with bubble-wrap.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Bubble wrap can be used to protect pots and pan from scratching each other while stored. This is a guide about use bubble wrap to protect stacked pots.

Creative ways to use bubble wrap. Post your ideas!

When I get packages in the mail, companies tend to use lots of bubble wrap for wrapping the item(s). So far, I have a shopping bag of it. I would hate to throw it out.

By Jerry S. from Oscoda, MI

Answers

If this is the large bubble stuff, it is great to use as insulation on windows. Wet the window and place the bubble wrap with the bubbles against the window.