ReusingGreen Living

Uses for Empty Kool Aid Canisters

Category Reusing

I hate to throw out Kool Aid canisters with the screw on lids. Does anyone have any new ideas about things to make with them?

By Linda

If you're asking about the plastic containers you buy presweetened kool-aid in, I found these very handy when my son was little. The daycare I left him at (while I drove a school bus each morning and afternoon) required him to bring his own snacks and/or breakfast. I'd fill it 1/2 full of dried cereal in the a.m. & send with a 1/2 pint of milk & a spoon. I made sure he understood how to use the lid as his bowl. He liked it. Daycare workers liked my idea and it soon was shared with other parents, becoming a trend. If you do this be sure to mark his/her name on it with a permanent marker