AdviceHealth & Beauty

Uses for Orthodontic Wax

What are the uses for the wax stuff they give you at the orthodontist?

Since it is wax, you can probably use it to seal a letter.

When I was younger and in school, our art teacher would have us use a white cloth and draw images on the cloth. After this, we would use dye to color the cloth. The parts we did not want to absorb the dye would be waxed over. We used all different types of waxes and you could use your wax for this art project.

I do not think you can melt this down to make candles. I do not think this is the right type of wax for this. Here is a link so you can see some of the componds that they put in dental wax before you use it or try to melt it down. www.sciencedirect.com/.../dental-wax

Candle Crafts, decorative molds!

I have no experience with this wax but I have used Beeswax for several different DIY projects and some of these may work for orthodontist wax.

When mending your thread sometimes wants to curl or knot but you can run it over plain wax and it coats the thread and generally stops the curling. Your wax is clear so that might work (I use plain candle wax).

Garden tools can be cleaned and buffed before storing and this usually keeps the rust at bay (just be sure to buff the tool before storing).

A friend told me she made faux false teeth/braces at Halloween but I've never tried this. She gave me a web site to check out.

craftcue.com/how-to-make-fake-braces-that-look...

I have used beeswax and plain or scented melted wax to dip garden items (leaves mainly) and let them dry. I decorate some fall pieces but the pieces have to be on a plate just in case they start to melt.
Be very careful when heating wax - heat slowly and check often - do not walk away from the pan or microwave.

If it were mine, I would offer it to a parent of a child who may not be able to afford it or to someone with dentures who could use it for what it is.

From what I remember, these aren't going to be much good for anything else. I say share the good karma by getting them into the hands of a person in need.

Maybe your orthodontist can get them into the hands of someone in need since it would be a HIPAA violation to give you names...or just ask around for people who may need.

Good karma is my best suggestion! Post back with an update! Prayers and blessings!

Health & Beauty AdviceSeptember 28, 2019
🎃
🌻
🎂