Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

You can use baking soda as a toxin free cleaner. I fill an empty Parmesan cheese container with the baking soda. It's the one with the a lid and pouring holes. It's easier to use than trying to sprinkle from the baking soda box. Then I spray vinegar over the sprinkled baking soda. This gives more control over where these products will cover.

By EvieSav from Savannah, GA

Answers:

Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

That's a great idea. I'll save my next cheese container. (04/30/2009)

By Janet

Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

This and the tips that preceded it startled me because I hadn't thought about this possibility before. I have a SEVERE dairy allergy, and occasionally do food-allergy trainings for different groups. If you reuse Parmesan cheese containers for any purpose, please be sure that you think of that if you're ever taking food to a potluck, etc., where someone may ask you about ingredients. Even trace amounts of an allergen can cause serious reactions in sensitive people. So, definitely reuse containers whenever possible--I'm strongly in favor of that!--but also remember it if someone asks you about dairy products in your house or food. (The same would go for any other common allergen; if you store herbs in a peanut jar, for example, remember that the herbs may now contain trace amounts of peanuts.) (04/30/2009)

By Weavre Cooper

Uses for Parmesan Cheese Containers

What a great tip! I had been struggling to shake out my baking soda when cleaning so this is a great idea that I will definitely be using.
(05/01/2009)

By LAQUINTA KNOWLES

🎂
🌻
📓