Using Ampitrexyl to Treat a Dog with Parvo

I do not have the money to go to a vet, but is there a way I can give my dog Ampitrexyl for the parvo infection? That is the best I can do. Please I love my dog dearly he is my baby boy. Will it help him?

As you already know this is a very serious illness and giving advice on something like this is difficult.
ThriftyFun gets a lot of questions on this subject so I would suggest you read what others have tried and make your own decision.

www.thriftyfun.com/tf60932080.tip.html

My 7 month old has been suffering for about 5 days..I have been forcing collide silver down his throat with a turkey baster.. I mixed with this some children Panadol and antibiotics 2 times a day. Plus I added electrolytes some black strap molasses and bi carb soda.. I mixed up what I gave him at the 5 or 6 times I feed him. But all were with the collide silver base.. I thought I had lost him on day 3 ...

but persisted.. he now has a little more energy. Looks much better and has even drank some water on his own. I am still giving him the different mixtures plus a bit of chicken stock. I am confident that he will make it.. the next challenge is getting him to eat on his own.. but I am sure he will soon. So don't give up..persist ...even when you think it is no use and maybe even cruel to keep forcing fluid down there throat.. good luck

I am not certain that my 9 week old Pitt had or have parvo-she had the first 2 rounds of her puppy boosters,then fell sick I started pumping Pedialyte in her and she perked up and played and ate a little the next day.then a couple hours later we were back to being sick we took her to the vet paid 200 for meds but we were strapped for cash so I took her home and started the meds and looking for alternative treatments.I found activated charcoal-it helped a little-then I heard about sovereign silver.after 4 doses she was wagging her tail nd drinking on her own,not long after that maybe an hour she began eating then playing...still has dyareia but not throwing up this is day 5 ..I'm not sure if this is over or just a reprieve I'm still giving Pedialyte and sovereign silver.

Where do I get that stuff silver from

How much of the silver stuff did you give your puppy per dosage ?

What is sovereign? Also here is a list of meds you need for parvo that many professional breeders and rescues have used successfully for years.

1. Tami Flu. It kills the parvo virus in dogs. Its a human med that is prescribed. So you have to ask your doc or a vet for the script.

2. Cerenia, Zofran, or another anti nausea medicine to help them stop throwing up

3. Imodium AD given for diarrhea.

4. Fluids. Its best to do sub q fluids for the first couple days because most of the time any thing they ingest will cause vomiting or diarrhea. So in rescue we usually withold any food or fluids given orally except for meds to reduce possible vomiting.

Next two items are just recommended for their immune systems. I give it everyday.

5. Tomlyn High Calorie Puppy Gel
Works better then Karo syrup. The link is posted here. www.amazon.com/.../B000FO1QOU?tag=thrif06-20

6. Dyne. Dyne is a thick, sticky and sweet nutritional supplement that every puppy who is growing and doesnt have all their vaccines should have. I give my puppies this once s day everyday. It does wonders for their immune system

Plus if you mix dyne and di-methox it makes generic albon which is used to treat coccidia. A nasty parasite that causes smelly diarrhea, lack of appetite and in bad bad cases in small puppies sometimes death. Link listed below. www.chewy.com/.../146099?utm_source=google-product...

Hope all this helps.

Anonymous

Pepto bismol

Perhaps the poster means Colloidal Silver?

I had a puppy with parvo. You can give 1 to 2 tablespoons of water (little bits at a time) into the rectum every hour they can absorb fluids that way. Just water or pedialyte.

There is an article about an alternative treatment at home:
http://csu-cvmb  ew-protocal.aspx

The two drugs are Maropitant, an anti-nausea drug, and Convenia, an antibiotic. Both are given under the skin. The Maropitant must be given several times daily. This is intensive treatment, but at $300, is much cheaper than the $1500-$3000 for hospitalization.

A dog can die within 48 hours of catching parvo. If I were you, I'd ask the vet about this treatment, or work out some payment plan.