Using Coffee Grounds on Bare Patches in Lawn

I believe I read in one of your many news letters/columns that used coffee grounds contain nitrogen which in turn is good to put on our yards with 'bald spots' in them. I remember reading that the used coffee grounds would make the grass grow again in the bald spots. Is there any truth to that or not?

THis is a good thing. I always add coffee grounds to compost and I didn't know why, but apparently it IS the nitrogen: "Coffee grounds can help keep your lawn green and healthy. Coffee grounds work well in a compost or alone to add nutrients to your soil and help your grass grow. It's high in nitrogen and slightly acidic, but it can bring your lawn to a deep-green color and help fill in dead patches."
homeguides.sfgate.com/grow-grass-coffee-grounds-36205.html

Coffee grounds are a good addition to the garden.

Home and Garden Gardening LawnJuly 21, 2016
📓
🌻
🎂