Using Cooking Oil Spray

Category Helpful Hints
This handy oil dispenser can help you control your fat intake and help keep foods from sticking. This guide is about using cooking oil spray.

When using non-stick aerosol spray on cookware, spray the pan in your dishwasher. This prevents over-spray on counters and floors, so there's less kitchen clean-up.

Source: My mother

By Charlene from Concord, NC

Cooking spray is great, but leaves a serious mess on everything! What is the point in saving clean up time on pans when I just ended up having to clean the counters or sink of over-drawn? I used to spray my pans outside, but this was just an aggravation while I was trying to cook. Then one day it occurred to me to spray my pans over the open dishwasher door! Any over-spray gets cleaned up the very next time that I run the dishwasher, no extra work required!

I have found when using cooking oil spray, if I hold the pan upright to the spray, I get every last drop from the product. It doesn't spit and sputter and clump on the pan for a more even application.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Between chicken broth for stir-frying, silicone baking sheets and parchment paper, non-stick spray is rarely used in my house. Economy, however, is never obsolete. Then too, it's not always easy to get even coverage with spray.

One way to not only extend the life of a can of non-stick spray and ensure an even coat on your baking or cooking surface is to use an ordinary paper towel. Spray a small amount of the product onto the pan. Using just one corner of the paper towel, spread the spray evenly over the entire surface. Naturally, this can be done with a very small amount of cooking oil too.

I like to store the paper towel in a small air-tight bag or jar for later use. As the paper towel becomes increasingly saturated, over time, less spray or oil will be needed.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes