Using Cooking Oil Spray

When using non-stick aerosol spray on cookware, spray the pan in your dishwasher. This prevents over-spray on counters and floors, so there's less kitchen clean-up.

Source: My mother

By Charlene from Concord, NC

When I am cooking cream of wheat I actually spray the pot above the milk and it helps to clean later as the residual gets like concrete all around the pan.

Re: Never use cooking sprays with your cast iron...it will remove the seasioning and rust the pan.

That's not true. I use Pam on my cast iron skillets all the time and never has any of them ever rusted. I suspect Dancing G didn't get the skillets completely dry before spraying. The spray must have trapped moisture underneath thus causing a rusting problem. After washing my skillet I put it on the stove on medium for a few minutes. While the skillet is warm, and no water remains, then I spray lightly. It's like the "pores" of the skillet absorb the spray better. Probably not...but it's just a thought. *L*

When cooking, I had a hard time getting the food off the pan. ie; biscuits,roasts, tator tots, etc. I got sick of the food looking terrible, and even coming off in pieces, so I tried a cooking spray on the pan first. It worked. So, I then tried it on the bottom of the pan for my pasta, and it worked.

As time has gone on, I've tried it with most of what I cook, and it hasn't failed me yet. Even with the cupcake pan and papers. They used to stick and made it hard to get even the papers out. So I sprayed it before I put in the papers, and now they come out easy as pie. It only costs $1.00 for a can, and is much less messy than oil, or grease.

By Audie from Kissimmee, Florida

Answers:

Using Cooking Oil Spray

Never use cooking sprays with your cast iron. it will remove your seasoning and rust the pan. (03/12/2010)

By Gwenn

Food and Recipes Food Tips Cooking TipsDecember 3, 2010
💘
🍀