Using Dawn in Steam Cleaner for Flea Infestation

Doesn't putting Dawn in your carpet cleaner to help get rid of fleas make the carpet very "soapy" and sticky? Do you have to re-clean the carpet to rinse it?

By Catherine L.

I to tried dawn in the steam cleaner only to find I had soapy carpet. I had to rinse it after I was done.
Try just putting a little flea soap like you would use on the animal in your steam cleaner. There is no need to rinse and it kills all the fleas and eggs.
We were so over run with fleas that I would have tried anything and my friend said that's how she got rid of the fleas that had invaded her carpet. So I tried it and it worked like magic.