Using Jar Candles

I'm new in the world of candles. I bought one in a glass container and it turns out that it is very hot. I can not touch it, especially in the part that no longer has wax. It's that normal? Do all the glass candles get too hot at some point?

Best Answer

Yes, they do get hot especially if if has been on awhile. I always put it on a cork coaster or on a surface that won't be affected by heat. I don't try to pick up the jar until it has cooled down.

Best Answer

The size of the jar or container will usually determine how hot "to the touch" the container will be while the candle is burning and for several minutes after the flame is out.

• Most jar candles will become very hot, especially in the area above the wax.
  • It is usually a good idea to set the jar candle on a plate or mat before lighting so it does not have to be moved while burning or for a while after flame is out.
  • Ad

• Think carefully about safety (especially if children are around) and try not to leave any candle unattended.
  • Generally, the larger the circumference of the jar the cooler the outside will be (larger candle holders cooler than small containers).

They can get hot. Don't touch it.

Yes they do get hot never leave them unattended.

Consumer Advice General AdviceDecember 15, 2017
📓
🌻
🎂