Using Mouthwash to Discourage Cat Peeing on Sofa

What type of mouthwash do I use to keep my cat from peeing on the sofa?

Best Answer

First of all, if I were you I would read this great article that might give you food for thought insofar as addressing/understanding reasons your cat is doing this. Some are quite dire, such as illness, or that you have provided an unusable litter box: www.allfelinehospital.com/feline-inappropriate-elimination...

Aside from that, I have heard that cats hate the smell of listerine, original flavour (the brown one). But other cat repellent guides on the internet suggest using peppermint, lavender, or citronella essential oil, which tells me that minty mouthwash would also do the trick. Apparently they really don't go for the minty-sweet smell.

Anonymous

Well it work but furniture got a ittle discolored boy dure ur it was should to do that
Put your car it. Collar on and walk er for about 5 ~ 10 it will belp the cat will appreciate and so will to.

Most essential oils are extremely toxic to cats. It attacks their livers as they can't properly metabolize the components found in the oils, whether taken internally, inhaled, or directly through the skin.

Very few essential oils have been found to be safe for our feline friends; so please, be sure to do your research on the matter before using any essential oils around cats.