Using Placemats to Protect a Nightstand

Category Furniture
This is a guide about using placemats to protect a nightstand. Protect your nightstand from accidental spills or scratches by using a placemat. It is an easy and decorative way to avoid damaging your furniture.

I have a wooden nightstand that I like to put drinks on. I was always afraid if I spilled it, it would damage the wood. So, I had a thrifty idea, you can put a placemat on the nightstand. This also protects it from scratches! This is a easy, fun, decorative way to protect wood from any harm you could do to it. Placemats aren't just for the kitchen any more!

Top Comment

I use salad plates, candy dishes and ashtrays--anything made of glass and china, wider than saucers and low-slung. You can find them for very little at thrift stores.

The more artistic they are, the better.

By IMAQT1962 (Guest Post)

I HAVE USED PLACEMATS.HAND TOWELS AND PILLOW SHAMS ON MY NIGHTSTANDS
YOU WOULD BE AMAZED AT WHAT LOOKS CUTE AND SAVES YOUR NIGHTSTAND FROM WEAR AND TEAR AND ABUSE

By BARBARA (Guest Post)

I USE ONE FOR A MOUSE PAD THAT MATCHES MY ROOM. IT LOOKS GREAT AND LOTS MORE ROOM.

I use hand towels---easy to clean and change them for any occasion or style!!