Using Reusable Shopping Bags

Category Reusing
These sturdy bags can be used for a variety of things besides hauling groceries. This page is about using reusable shopping bags.

This week, at a garage sale, I paid $1 for a large, sturdy beach bag, which I took home, laundered, and dried, in the sun. Now, it holds all my other re-usable shopping bags, and it, itself, is the largest, sturdiest shopping bag of all. Next time I'm at my local thrift store, I'll look for more bags that can be used as shopping carry-alls.

Now in California, they have banned plastic bags. If you would like to purchase a plastic bag, it'll be 10 cents, or you bring your own bag. Instead of bringing a bunch of bags, I sometimes bring this durable bag from Ikea that I bought for a buck!

It is perfect to put everything in and it saves trips back and forth to your car! But most importantly, when I am going somewhere by myself like the Post Office to mail some boxes.I cannot possibly carry the boxes all by myself But, with this huge bag, I can and have my hands free too! There are straps where I could wear this bag on my shoulder!

Another idea, using this bag to bring to the laundromat! Not only is this bag durable and practical for many uses, it is very easy to clean and this bag folds flat.

This is a health tip for those who live frugally or green. Make sure you wash your cloth grocery bags on a regular basis, in warm water with detergent.

I received some pretty big reusable bags, but found when filled with groceries, they were too heavy to lift and carry to put in my car. They're very sturdy though, so I didn't want to get rid of them.

Finding yourself inside the store at the checkout counter before you realize you have forgotten your shopping bags in the car, can be frustrating. This is a page about remembering your reusable shopping bags.

black shopping bag filled with fruit, veggies, and loaves of bread

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Better Living Green Living ReusingJanuary 9, 2013
🐛
📓
😷
😎
🌻
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Reusable-Shopping-Bags.html